Monday, December 14, 2020

Day 348 Value of Appreciation


 

Day 348 

วันที่ 14 ธันวาคม เป็นวันที่ 348 ของปี

Value : Appreciation

"The one who is free from the desire for fame and glory receives natural recognition."


Contemplation

When we make a positive contribution, we often expect to get some sort of recognition.  Although we rarely voice this opinion, we feel hurt if others fail to show their appreciation for what we have done.


Application

It's easy to get caught up in doing things just to get praise or recognition.  This means I don't really focus on what I'm actually doing, or doing it for the right reasons.  If I make sure that I enjoy whatever I do, I will no longer be concerned with gaining recognition, but will be able to enjoy the task for its own sake.


credit : 365 Days of Wisdom (Dadi Janki)

picture : flickr.com


No comments:

Post a Comment