Monday, September 21, 2020

Day 264 Value of Detachment

 


Day 264

วันที่ 21 กันยายน เป็นวันที่ 264 ของปี

Value : Detachment

"True detachment is to use everything but to remain beyond is influence."


Contemplation

Throughout the day we use a lot of resources in the outside world, which often helps make our lives easier.  We do not need to stop ourselves from using them.  But if we can use them without becoming dependent on them, we can say we are truly detached.  That means we can use everything available to us, but as a means of supporting our inner resources, rather than replacing them.


Application

In order to be happy in all circumstances, I need to practise remaining detached.  If there is a time when I have no external support, I can remain happy.  Because I have the power of detachment, I don't become dependent on anything or anyone else.


credit : 365 Days of Wisdom (Dadi Janki)

picture : thecreatorwritings.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment