Friday, September 11, 2020

Day 254 Value of Self-Control


 

Day 254

วันที่ 11 กันยายน เป็นวันที่ 254 ของปี

Value : Self-Control

"Words are effective only when matched with action."


Contemplation

It is far easier for us to see the mistakes of others, since we are detached from the situation.  We want to help, and frequently offer advice about how to handle a situation.  Once we've given our opinion, we expect others to follow our advice and bring about a change immediately.  But people don't change that easily - they lack something they need to make the change happen.


Application

Before I give advice to others, I need to think about whether I actually put what I am saying into practice in my own life.  Only when I follow the advice I give others will my words be effective.  When I lead by example, I will inspire others to do the same.


credit : 365 Days of Wisdom (Dadi Janki)

picture : thiraseela.com


No comments:

Post a Comment