Friday, September 4, 2020

Day 247 Value of Detachment


 

Day 247 

วันที่ 4 กันยายน เป็นวันที่ 247 ของปี

Value : Detachment

"Even challenges are a game for the one who is detached."


Contemplation

When we are detached we do not become emotionally involved in a situation.  Detachment helps us remain calm in difficult circumstances, rather than becoming disturbed or confused.  It gives us the power to observe any situation, no matter how difficult, just as we would observe a game.


Application

In any situation in which I feel helpless, I need to develop the power of detachment.  I should practise looking at the situation as I would watch a play.  Then I can feel light and enjoy the different turns that the plot takes.  I no longer feel trapped by the circumstances I find myself in; instead I am able to address them rationally.


credit : 365 Days of Wisdom (Dadi Janki)

picture : iso.500px.com

No comments:

Post a Comment