Sunday, November 29, 2020

Day 333 Value of Self-Control


 

Day 333

วันที่ 29 พฤศจิกายน เป็นวันที่ 333 ของปี

Value : Self-Control

"To be free from desires is to be full of all attainments."


Contemplation

Although we are generally free from big desires we are often full of little desires.  Even though they are only small, they have a noticeable effect on our well-being: because of these little desires we are not able to experience and enjoy all life's attainments.


Application

I need to tell myself that chasing desires is like chasing my own shadow: the more I try to follow it, the more it runs away from me.  All I have to do is to turn back and move toward the sun (my destination).  Then my shadow will follow me and I will feel contented and fulfilled.


credit : 365 Days of Wisdom (Dadi Janki)

picture : insightstate.com


No comments:

Post a Comment