Friday, November 6, 2020

Day 309 Value of Humility


 

Day 309

วันที่ 5 พฤศจิกายน เป็นวันที่ 309 ของปี

Value : Humility

"To accept criticism positively is to learn and progress in life."


Contemplation

When others criticize us, we tend to react negatively toward them, even if we know they are only trying to help.  By refusing to accept that they are trying to help us, we close ourselves off to learning.  This means we are likely to keep making the same mistakes, and may even give up trying to progress.


Application

However hard I try, I cannot see myself as objectively as others can.  If someone offers me constructive criticism, I should try and accept what they have to say with good grace, and be grateful that they care enough to try to help me. Only when I develop the humility to learn will I be able to progress.


credit : 365 Days of Wisdom (Dadi Janki)

picture : weddingplz.com

No comments:

Post a Comment