Sunday, May 9, 2021

Day 129 Value of Introspection

 


Day 129

วันที่ 9 พฤษภาคม เป็นวันที่ 129 ของปี

Value : Introspection

"To understand the true cause of one's own weakness is to gain the power to overcome it."


Contemplation

When we recognize a weakness within we often make an effort to overcome it.  But sometimes, despite our best efforts, the same weakness keeps returning.  This is because we have not got to the root of the problem and removed it.


Application

Before I try to remove a weakness working within me, I need to understand the cause of that weakness.  To do this I need to reflect on why that weakness is present and what is lacking within me.  Once I find the cause I need to make an effort to fill myself with the corresponding virtue, which will drive the weakness out for good.


credit : 365 Days of Wisdom (Dadi Janki)

picture : flickr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment