Saturday, February 17, 2018

Day 108 Value of Listening


Day 108

Value : Listening

"To listen to others frees us from repeating mistakes."

Contemplation

When other people criticize us, we often ignore them or focus on defending ourselves.  We lose the power to listen, and are unable to accept the help that others are trying to give us.  We fail to correct our mistakes and find that the same problems recur frequently.

Application

When people criticize things I say or do, I need to think about whether there is any truth in what they are saying.  Although it might hurt to accept some of the things they tell me, I know they only want the best for me.  Once I am aware of my weaknesses, I can change my behavior and constantly improve, moving toward success.

Credit : 365 days of wisdom (Dadi Janki)
Daily messages to inspire you through the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment