Monday, February 19, 2018

Day 110 Value of Wisdom


Day 110

Value : Wisdom

"The one who is wise is free from careless or negative talk about others."

Contemplation

When someone tells us something negative about another person, we tend to listen with great interest.  This encourages the other person to continue talking about it.  But such talk is not really useful for anyone and provides no solutions for the problem at hand.

Application

When someone is talking about another person's shortcomings, I need to question why I am listening; is this information of any use to me, or can I do anything about the situation?  If not, I need to remind myself that there is no use in listening to such talk. Instead, I need to make an attempt to look at the positive qualities of the person in question, and think about how I can help everyone focus on these instead.

Credit : 365 days of wisdom (Dadi Janki)
Daily messages to inspire you through the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment